It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 am

Kodi SMB Network Help - Any Experts Out There??

Seek help with anything, drop us some feedback or tell us what you'd like to see
  • Author

goalscrounger

Ian Baird

• Twitter: goalscrounger

Kodi SMB Network Help - Any Experts Out There??

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Any network gurus out there who can solve this one please?

For years I've had a NAS drive connected to Kodi installs on three Fire Sticks and everything has worked fine.

Suddenly this week everything stopped being able to access the shares via SMB. When I try to re-add the folders to set the shares up again, Kodi can't see them.

The NAS drive is fine, Kodi on my PC can see and access the files via SMB, I can see and access them via other methods (indeed the Fire Stick can see them via UNPN, but they don't play smoothly and the fanart stuff doesn't work so it's not an alternative).

Anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem is? I'm certain it's not a hardware fault and something that can be resolved somehow?

Thank you :happy:

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

• Twitter: yodathecoder

Re: Kodi SMB Network Help - Any Experts Out There??

PostTue Sep 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Have there been any updates that are likely to have caused this? Either Kodi or Amazon? And if so can you roll them back?

I'm no great fan of Kodi so I've not got a much experience with it. If you can't get it working then I recommend Plex as an alternative.

goalscrounger

Ian Baird

• Twitter: goalscrounger

Re: Kodi SMB Network Help - Any Experts Out There??

PostThu Sep 29, 2016 2:32 am

No updates, but just to be sure I uninstalled Kodi and installed the latest beta instead...same error.

Might have to give Plex a go as there is no logical reason why Kodi shouldn't see the SMB shares.

Return to Help, Support & Feedback