It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 am

Region-free hacks

Seek help with anything, drop us some feedback or tell us what you'd like to see
  • Author

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

• Twitter: Jooky85

Region-free hacks

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

So, my friend has a TV/DVD combo and wants to make it region free. Its usually dead easy to find the unlock codes for DVD players if you know the model... but with it being a TV/DVD combo, no idea how to find out what code is needed to unlock the DVD player.

Anyone have any idea where to start? Its a Toshiba 32D1333D I think. My best guess at the moment is trial and error with all the Toshiba codes I can find :|

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

Re: Region-free hacks

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I'll be honest, this is really an FAO TerminalJunkie I suspect...

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 10:38 pm

The place I have always used is http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Checked and I cannot find that model - but it is likely built from some other DVD player and integrated so it may well be a case of trying a few, or see if he can get something from the player firmware (more information) as last resort, see if he can see a model number on the DVD itself by taking it apart (only if confident)!

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Yeah thats my feeling, I need the DVD model, but not entirely sure how I'm going to manage that. Will hunt for a manual for that TV I think, see if I can get it from that or find out how to get at the firmware like you say.

Not going to resort to the taking it apart route mind, not that confident as it'll be me that has to do it!

Return to Help, Support & Feedback