Rotherham vs Boro - report

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

Rotherham vs Boro - report

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 am

Shite. I've never been to a game where I've left so angry and disappointed.

1 shot on target, in the 90th minute, when they were down to 10 men.

Absolute joke.

Blame lies solely with two men.

1) David fucking Nugent.

If you get chance to see his misses tonight, you'll understand my anger. There's no way a professional footballer shouldn't be hitting the target from there. It's embarrassing. Time to start JR and leave him in for a few games.

2) Aitor Karanka

Now when I saw the team, I wasn't exactly angry, I thought fair enough.

However...

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS LONG BALL SHIT.

Either 40/50 yard diagnols to our wingers, or just launching it up to Nugent. It's terrible, we are one of the least physically imposing sides, yet we played right into rotherhams hands. They were awful, their cbs are dreadful, but in the air that's completely negated.

I can't be arsed writing more because the players couldn't be arsed last night.

Truly truly awful, we don't deserve to go up playing like that.

Sorry it's not the most thought out and well written match report, but I'm still seething.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: Rotherham vs Boro - report

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am

I was literally stunned when Nugent missed that one on one, the whole Boro end was just waiting for the net to ripple, the whole thing went in slomo then for some reason instead of slotting it either side, or going round the keeper, he decided to smash it as hard as he could over the bar!! The header he missed from 5 yards out was woeful.

Never seen so many Hollywood balls in my life as last night, and only about 15% of them reached their target.

Did absolutely nothing in the second half.

The 4 or 5 players who came to clap the Boro fans got boo'd and told to F off from the people around me, which after that 'performance' cannot really be argued against.

Meadsy

Mikkel Beck

Re: Rotherham vs Boro - report

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 6:01 pm

This striker rotation has to stop, if we want Rhodes to gain some form for the last crucial part of the season then he needs to get a run of games. Nugent might run around more but we've looked better with Rhodes in the team and we are losing points from these missed chances. Nugent has had plenty of chances to secure his place in the team, we need some consistency now and Rhodes is clearly the man for the job.

Return to Boro & Football Chat