Down to the Wire

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

Down to the Wire

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 10:32 am

Everything crossed here - I'm not sure what the biggest feeling was when they scored last night, a combination of anger, despondency and desperation. Then I thought to myself that we have pulled one out of the hat against a few teams in the dying minutes recently so what goes around...

We still have the momentum but by god it is fraying my bloody nerves.

DanBailey27

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: @DanBailey27

Re: Down to the Wire

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am

terminaljunkie wrote:Everything crossed here - I'm not sure what the biggest feeling was when they scored last night, a combination of anger, despondency and desperation. Then I thought to myself that we have pulled one out of the hat against a few teams in the dying minutes recently so what goes around...

We still have the momentum but by god it is fraying my bloody nerves.

Would have snapped someones hands off for a draw before last night, but yeah tough to take. Hard to see where the 'despondency' and 'anger' was though. It's still well in our hands!

7 out of 9 is the minimum without the others slipping up.

If Burnley/Brighton draw/lose this weekend, and we beat Ipswich and then Birmingham; we're promoted.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

• Twitter: ooooomikeooooo

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 12:10 pm

5 from 9 is enough as long as Brighton don't improve their goal difference by 4.

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 2:19 pm

They were fleeting thoughts but 'anger' because I thought typical bloody Boro, then 'are we really going to blow it again', then as I said I came to my senses...I never dwell on it for long but I do get that extraordinary swell of emotions however quickly they pass.

Return to Boro & Football Chat