New Season Card Prices

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

New Season Card Prices

PostThu May 19, 2016 11:36 am

I expected a raise but the size of it has even shocked me. Although current season ticket holders got a great deal for this season the knock on will be felt when the renewals come round for 2017/18.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

Re: New Season Ticket Prices

PostThu May 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Indeed. It seriously lowers the chances of me renewing for 2017-8 even if they 'freeze' prices again.

And I've put that right for you ...

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Re: New Season Card Prices

PostThu May 19, 2016 9:27 pm

doubt i'll be setting foot in The Riverside next season - i can't justify paying walk up prices....not when i will be able to watch all the games at home

Stepper_T

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: Stepper_T

PostSun May 22, 2016 7:01 pm

There was obviously going to be an increase when they went back on sale, but I was shocked to find out just how much. From a supposed community club in one of the most deprived areas of the country I think it's pretty bad tbh.
There is the argument that people could have got one a month ago, but that's a selfish I'm alright Jack attitude I think.
If the renewal price is £570 next time round I might think twice.
I do like the kits though!

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostMon May 23, 2016 8:30 am

I gave my ST up in about 2009 I think, cant remember, it was when the football was absolutely horrendous and the entertainment value was nil.

The two lads I had my ticket with have kept theirs inbetween, so prob spent at least £2,000 each on home matches that I haven't spent.

Bought a new ST when they came out the other day, sat with them two again. Mine cost £570, theirs cost £397. I don't bedrudge them that, or anyone else who stayed through the sh1te.

But, everyone who got the early bird prices £397 for example, has to realise that if we stay up next season, then their renewals are going to make just as big a jump and they are going to have to pay the new prices aswell, there is no way on earth the club will say oh yous can have it for £397 again.

DanBailey27

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: @DanBailey27

PostMon May 23, 2016 8:37 am

LTS_3 wrote:I gave my ST up in about 2009 I think, cant remember, it was when the football was absolutely horrendous and the entertainment value was nil.

The two lads I had my ticket with have kept theirs inbetween, so prob spent at least £2,000 each on home matches that I haven't spent.

Bought a new ST when they came out the other day, sat with them two again. Mine cost £570, theirs cost £397. I don't bedrudge them that, or anyone else who stayed through the sh1te.

But, everyone who got the early bird prices £397 for example, has to realise that if we stay up next season, then their renewals are going to make just as big a jump and they are going to have to pay the new prices aswell, there is no way on earth the club will say oh yous can have it for £397 again.

The only reason someone would make that point is if they were bitter about it. So in fact, you are bitter.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon May 23, 2016 8:56 am

Jesus, wherever you did your Psychology degree, you need to complain mate! Not bitter at all mate

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon May 23, 2016 8:56 am

:mrgreen:

DanBailey27

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: @DanBailey27

PostMon May 23, 2016 9:22 am

LTS_3 wrote:Jesus, wherever you did your Psychology degree, you need to complain mate! Not bitter at all mate

Great response.

There's no real need to point out to those who renewed that they will face increases next season. It's a fact really. You say you don't begrudge then you make the point that they will have to pay it all next season anyway.

Maybe you should say 'oh I hope they keep doing things for those who've been there through the last few years'. The way you worded you're whole argument just seemed to be of a wind up nature.

And also, I do a Biomedicine degree. It has elements of Psychology, but is mainly Pathology content.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

My response was to Steppers line "but that's a selfish I'm alright Jack attitude I think".

Fmttm has a lot of people saying "they should have got it at EB prices etc", I was just saying that for those people if they are being like Stepper said, then they will be in for the same prices next season. Obviously, most normal people will be aware of that, but the club are followed by some idiots who won't be able to see what's coming next year

Stepper, and the lads I am sitting with, have both said they will have to re-evaluate next time round at those prices

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostMon May 23, 2016 10:39 am

The thing that's really bothered me about this increase is how its single handedly sucked a lot of the good feeling out of the town.

It feels like some fans are being punished as they do not fit into the pigeon hole of "loyal fan" that the club have defined by their pricing policy.

Walk up fans like me, who a ST does not suit, are going to be the ones bearing the main brunt of these changes. I defy anyone to say I'm not a loyal fan and nobody loves this football club more than me so its disappointing to now be treat like this.

I appreciate its a tough call for the club and as a business I understand the need to maximize their revenue, however our club is not like any other business. Gibbo forever bangs on about how its a community club with the town at its heart. These increases would suggest that that is bollocks and MFC fans are to be milked like every other football fan these days.

The trend is what concerns me the most. With the current TV deal is there really a need to take this action? The extra revenue it generates, as a percentage of our total income, is going to be small and therefore is really worth all the ill feeling its caused.

The worst part of this whole saga though is the attitude that some fans have shown. I've seen comments of "Don't like it, don't pay", "Don't like it, go watch the skunks", "Don't like it, watch the darts". Which fundamentally misses the point of supporting a football team. This is the "I'm alright jack" attitude that Stepper has alluded to; Ive seen lots of examples of this, not just on FMTTM.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon May 23, 2016 10:42 am

Walk up prices are going to be obscene, I am fully expecting £42 when we play the big clubs

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostMon May 23, 2016 12:37 pm

LTS_3 wrote:Walk up prices are going to be obscene, I am fully expecting £42 when we play the big clubs

I will not attend any top category games next year. I'm going to go solely to the games against the "lesser" teams. More chance of actually getting a ticket and I wont be surrounded by plastic Man U/Man City/Chelski fans. I reckon at a push I'll go to half a dozen games, enough to pay for getting a Pride card, should they decide to do them again.

Liverpool away will be a different matter so don't be surprised if I come on here asking for spare ST's :))

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm

I'll be interested to see how many tickets we get for Liverpool given the reduced capacity at Anfield next season.

I think if we stay up quite a few will be looking at the renewal prices before committing. If we don't I cannot see the club keeping the price at £570. However I never thought it would go up that much so there you go !!

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostTue May 24, 2016 9:01 am

Will have to consider next season if I want to spend 570 quid sat in front of a moaning cunt.

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

• Twitter: Jooky85

PostTue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

Able87 wrote:Will have to consider next season if I want to spend 570 quid sat in front of a moaning cunt.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tomr182

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: PSN & Twitch- TomPyke

PostTue May 24, 2016 9:13 am

Anfield is the new larger capacity from this coming season, so shouldn't be any less tickets.

The new ST prices are the same prices as the walk up for last season, so theyre no more than the people who didn't already have an ST, were willing to pay to watch the match anyway. And now the quality of the opponents should be better. Would you rather have paid £30 to watch MK Dons last season or £30 to watch Arsenal et al next season?

Think I know the answer to that one.

And certainly, existing prices will go up next season, but no reason for them to jump £200. I cant see that happening, I can the existing (last season) going up, the new early birds going up, and the new £570 staying the same (assuming prem football the following year) and they can claim a freeze on the new price, and long term fans will increase over 1-2 years making it more difficult to argue with.

For those wanting an ST for next year, they could have paid the early bird £461, the option was there.

You pay your money you make your choice... (whatever the phrase is)

Personally, I wouldn't have paid the new prices for next year, even with the guarantee of PL football. Too much for me, but not too much for 2,000 people who have already paid it - and likely more to come. I was happy to pay the £461 and take the gamble on PL or Championship.

What would people say if there was an option to increase existing ST renewal by £70 at early bird and reduce the new cost of ST by £70? Making it £470 vs £500. Fund the new people etc

Views?

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue May 24, 2016 10:48 am

Able87 wrote:Will have to consider next season if I want to spend 570 quid sat in front of a moaning cunt.

:((

I'll swap seats with Mick.

tomr182

Fabrizio Ravanelli

PostTue May 24, 2016 12:13 pm

swap seats with me, then you can sit next too each other and be like quarrelling lovers

wilson

David Mills

PostTue May 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Swap with me and put up the three feral kids behind me! Parents lets them run riot!

Bastards

BoroBurt

Peter Davenport

PostFri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 am

Over 20000 season cards sold
Still 6 weeks to go
Can't wait
UTB

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Only 20K sold so far? That, sadly, is a reflection of this awful decision made by my club.

Sell outs, based on that number, will be few and far between. Particularly if the walk up prices are as prohibitive as we all fear they're going be.

Very badly managed, distinct lack of transparency from the club, punishing a large section of fans for being insufficiently "loyal". All in all a big opportunity missed which is a terrible shame.

Community club? Absolute bollocks!

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't understand why the STs are no longer on sale online, have I missed an announcement about this?

Surely they should be giving fans as much opportunity to buy them as possible (they don't have away shirts in stock either)

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 3:36 pm

LTS_3 wrote:I don't understand why the STs are no longer on sale online, have I missed an announcement about this?

My understanding is they'll be made available again once the walk up prices are announced. That way they'll be able to say that paying £30, up front, for each game is better value than that £38-42, which I predict will be this years walk ups. I imagine that this is in the hope that it will help to shift a few more ST's.

The only thing I can see that will have a positive effect on sales, is if we were to sign a big name striker. But given our recruitment policy since AK took over I really don't see this happening.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 11:11 am

I think you are pretty much on the money over walk ups there Relfy. I can see them bringing back categories for games and the "big" teams being £42 minimum.

If we are paying £11m for a defensive midfielder we are going to be pushing £25m - £30m for a top striker who may increase the season ticket sales. Given what we have already laid out and salaries etc the £70m initial (the rest we don't get until the end of the season) will be swallowed up pretty quickly.

It sort of explains why the prices have gone up as much as they have, plus Gibson may have chosen to not bankroll the club as much as he has been for the past 7 years, where he has been keeping the club afloat.

If we made a marquee signing then people may suddenly find the £570 for a season ticket, others will choose to watch it on dodgy box.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Jul 05, 2016 10:30 pm

dodgy box for me

i'm fucked if i'm paying them sort of prices

BoroBurt

Peter Davenport

PostWed Jul 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Thought it was only 110 more than last seasons prices, not bad prem footy.

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostFri Jul 29, 2016 10:52 am

Walk up price announcement has shocked me a bit.

11 of 19 games will start at £30, the other 8 will £35. No pride card this year though :?

I think its a good move as I fully expected them to be more. Parity will the away supporters (for most games) is a sensible decision I think.

IMO its still too much for a football match.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Jul 29, 2016 11:35 am

The club have employed damage limitation there for me, good to see the 11 games capped at the same price as the away tickets - I don't think people will begrudge paying a fiver more to see Ibrahimovic/Aguero etc as opposed to Burnley and the like

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 pm

yeh

i was pleasantly surprised by the pricing - still obscenely expensive (especially for Teesside) but i was expecting a lot more

i guess they looked at the number of ST sales and had to have a long hard think about the walk up prices

tomr182

Fabrizio Ravanelli

PostSun Jul 31, 2016 1:22 pm

it was £30 all last season for a walk up sat in the north stand - or at least thats what I was paying

It won't encourage many more ST purchases I wouldn't have thought though

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

• Twitter: yodathecoder

PostSun Jul 31, 2016 7:22 pm

tunstall wrote:dodgy box for me

I can recommend these guys. I'd suggest a pre-pay credit card to pay though, both my regular CC providers block payment without extended checks but I have a Monarch pre-pay which goes straight through.

wilson

David Mills

PostSun Jul 31, 2016 9:50 pm

YodaTheCoder wrote:

I can recommend these guys. I'd suggest a pre-pay credit card to pay though, both my regular CC providers block payment without extended checks but I have a Monarch pre-pay which goes straight through.

I have a season ticket but away games will be a lottery now, if I subscribe, will it work on a firestick??

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Aug 02, 2016 6:54 am

Sportsmania all the way - the best without any question

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

• Twitter: yodathecoder

PostTue Aug 02, 2016 8:59 pm

wilson wrote:
YodaTheCoder wrote:

I have a season ticket but away games will be a lottery now, if I subscribe, will it work on a firestick??

rapidiptv works with Kodi which works on Amazon fire, but I don't like Kodi so I just watch either on my iPad with a client app or on my laptop via VLC.

Return to Boro & Football Chat