are we doomed?

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

are we doomed?

PostSun Feb 26, 2017 6:29 am

another piss poor display yesterday

i've already posted my thoughts on COB....so i thought i'd do the same on here....

the only thing that can save us is there being 3 teams worse than us - we haven't got enough to save ourselves

that team he played yesterday didn't work

Downing worked hard, but he did very little going forward and was a liability at the back

Forshaw was shocking - wasteful, pondering and appears to be wearing Phil Whelans' boots

Negrado - worst performance from a striker since some of Yakubu's the mercenary

Gashton Ramirez - shameful, pathetic, only interested when laid on the floor pretending to be injured

Stuani - souey at times he looks like he's never played football in his life (most of the time yesterday)

I know Ledbitter struggles at times but at least he can provide a goal threat....

if we play Gastede we have to at least try to get balls up to him/into him from out wide....

i'm not really a fan of getting shot of a manager this time of the season.....but something has to change now - it may already be too late

my big question(s) is though

WHO WOULD WE GET?

who would want to come??

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: are we doomed?

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 9:59 am

Right now, I don't think there are three worse teams than us - i.e., three teams who will score fewer goals than us until the end of the season

The fact that we have Swansea, Burnley, Hull, Sunderland all to play should be a point of optimism, to say that it is pretty much still in our hands (12 points from our direct rivals and we should be just about safe) ... but at the minute I can see all four of them having more fight and desire than we have and all beating us!!

:frown: :frown: :frown:

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostMon Feb 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Something needs to change, we are meandering towards relegation without a care in the world.

I don't think the manager will be replaced until the summer, so that leaves the attitude or tactics need to change.

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Yes.

Even worse are the fans who think everything is fine and lets just coast along.

Wake up.

Love Aitor for getting us up, but he's out of his depth at this level.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm

i don't think anyone thinks everything is fine.....do they?

i keep hearing people saying getting shot of Karanka is the thing to do

but none of em seem willing to answer the question - who would come in for him?

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Unfortunately I happen to sit with a bunch of them. Blind to whats happening. And if you dare criticise Aitor they put their fingers in their ears and yell "nah nah nah nah".

DanBailey27

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: @DanBailey27

PostTue Feb 28, 2017 7:22 pm

I was very faithful in Karanka up until Palace, and now I think it might be best if we part ways. Won't forget what he did for the club in a hurry. I would love for us to beat Stoke on Saturday and hit some kind of decent form and for him to keep us up.

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 7:28 pm

I have not seen anything from Karanka that suggests he can get the team to play any other way than defensive and unfortunately whilst a good defence is critical, a balance between that and an attack that can score goals is just as important but not being addressed.

I think everyone was happy that we could finish somewhere in the bottom half but 15th or better and whilst it looked like that might be the case up until the New Year, a lack of new blood in key areas and a willingness to play a different game have us looking increasingly fragile and down in the doldrums.

Stoke is his last chance for many...

chewee22

Scott McDonald

PostSat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Down and out.
With karanka in charge.
Gibson needs to take some responsibility and act.

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostSun Mar 05, 2017 2:14 am

Sad to say but AK's time has come.

He is unable to see the deficiencies in his team or change it to suit the opposition, same thing every game.
We've swapped good players for (IMHO) inferior ones and even then don't have them on the bench *baffled*

I can't see a shape in the team at the moment that would promote a goal-scoring opportunity and worse we seem to be losing the much lauded defensive ability that AK has relied on.

In short we are now shipping goals and unable to score.

That is it for me, AK out.

Return to Boro & Football Chat