So where do we go from here ?

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

So where do we go from here ?

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 11:39 am

After the disappointment of Saturday it seems that some fans have already lost faith in Monk. While promotion is not out of reach (far from it), it becomes less likely with each dropped point.

What do we do ? Keep faith with Monk and hope he gets it right? Remove him (and replace with who) to try and salvage the season? Write this season off and look at a better long term solution ?

It's been a while since the ground has felt that flat (probably back to Strachan).

Be interested to hear others thoughts

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: So where do we go from here ?

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 12:21 pm

I don't know anyone who wanted him or was excited by his announcement - I personally was in the "I'll give him a chance" camp, but he just is not taking it.

Nearly November and he doesn't know his best or his favourite XI. People are getting annoyed at him changing the team every game, I think he just needs to pick XI and say that's the team for the next 5 games or something.

I don't expect us to get more than a point from Reading and Hull away in the space of 4 days, we never seem to do well at either - if Sunderland beat us at home and on TV, I don't think there will be any way back for him.

PS How dare you post a football thread on here.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

I know I'm sorry :mrgreen:

I tend to agree, if we fail to win the next 2 away games and lost to Sunderland there will be no coming back.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 pm

i'm not a big fan of sacking managers after short times in charge, but he has made a lot of big money signings, and we're doing shite

he doesn't seem to know who to play from one game to the other, and hence we never have a fixed team (especially defence where we're struggling)

do we get shot of him sooner rather than later? i'm not so sure.....but definitely crunch time the next couple of weeks

chewee22

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Giggs?

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am

Dunno. And I feel barely qualified to comment having seen only four games so far this season, the least at this stage for many years. I was there on Saturday and it was hugely disappointing, particularly as Cardiff weren't actually very good. But instinctively I like to give a manager time, and the owner's record suggests he will get that. I guess I'm on the fence, really :|

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 11:46 am

Even with so many points still to play for we are getting close to this season being 'gone'. That will help determine whether he goes (to prepare for another shot next season) or he's given the time and money to further refine the squad

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 8:11 am

Into the playoffs. 8) 8) 8)

#UTFB

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am

9 points in 8 days is an excellent return

... we still aren't firing yet though - Sunderland game was the 5hits!

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 am

If it wasn't for Randolph, and that N'dong had to go off injured, they could easily have got a point or all 3.

We were very poor in large parts.

However, in our promotion season there was lots of shit games where we nicked a win. Glad to see it return.

George Friend however, needs dropping.

Return to Boro & Football Chat