It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:21 pm

NBA Thread

The place to talk about Cricket, F1, NFL, NBA and any other sport you might have a thing for
  • Author

Esky

Mikkel Beck

NBA Thread

PostTue Dec 25, 2012 10:50 am

so since the last one is now lost in the big bad world thought i might aswell start a thread. Basically a place for myself, LTS and Powlay to discuss the NBA as nobody else seems to like it!

Been a good season so far, Knicks looking good under Woodson. The Lakers have been a soap opera all season, OKC have been smashing it up and the Clippers have gone from potential to genuine contenders. And then today we get a triple header of live games on ESPN!

sinky72

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Re: NBA Thread

PostTue Dec 25, 2012 9:21 pm

I've been watching it this season via NBA league pass. I've been rooting for the Clippers :mrgreen:

sinky72

Fabrizio Ravanelli

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 am

Ok, so it's not NBA but still worth a watch, in particular the last one which is a bit special :mrgreen:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2 ... ters-video

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Just realised this was here - I started one in the anything else board :)

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Anyone keeping up with it still? Haven't done for the last month or so with highlights or games, been looking at the standings now and then - Knicks doing really well, Lakers still awful!

Will get back into in new year in the build up to the playoffs

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am

LAC are absolutely flying at the minute, won their 15th on the bounce yesterday!

Knicks looking good under Woodson. Chandler is shooting a ridiculous figure and getting double doubles regularly, Smith is coming off the bench with class numbers (Lee, watch his buzzer beater again Suns from Boxing Day, class shot) and Melo has upped his game. Now sure why they are so persistant with Brewer though, he regularly gets no points, assists or rebounds...what does he do?!

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Clippers streat ended at 17

Its all looking fairly as expected at the moment, Lebron is just a beast, he gets better and better with every game

If you get chance try and watch the alley oop dunk from JR Smith against Spurs last night, quality!

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Class that alleyoop/reverse dunk - type of stuff I knock out on NBA 2K games :) want to get back on that but got so many games recently its ridiculous - will defo do it when the playoffs start

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 am

Having completed Assassins Creed my focus is now soley on NBA 2k13 so i have been, and will be, smashing this for a while!

Powlay

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 am

Early in the season i managed to jump on LAC to win their division at odds of 2.75 managed to get £77.50 on it before the odds flew down.

They're up by 4 games on GSW and the lakers are like 10.5 games behind so im ratherpleased with that.

sinky72

Fabrizio Ravanelli

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Just saw on Sky Sports that they have got live coverage of some weekend games, starting with the game in London. Also includes the play offs and final.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 am

Did anyone get tickets to the London game?

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 am

I couldnt get anyone to go with me so didnt get tickets

Glad its on Sky, going to show couple of live games a week which is good, better than ESPN which shows 1 game every few weeks

Knicks struggling as of late, really missing Felton. If anyone can tell me what Ronnie Brewer does i would love to hear it

Powlat, you might aswell start planning what to spend your winnings on because that is a shoe in

What do we reckon to Lakers...play offs or not? It would take one hell of a run to make them

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostThu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm

London live game tonight.Gutted i am not there, ce la vie!

Lebron becomes the youngest to get to 20,000 points. Dont think that surprises anyone!

Lets go Knicks! Looking forward to seeing Brewer in action, i know nothing about him and he doesnt get flashy figures but is clearly well rated. Shumpert back from injury too

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm

$75,000 half court basket then charged by LeBron :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2268701/LeBron-James-embraces-Miami-Heat-fan-scored-75-000-shot.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqd3jUPq3Lw[/youtube]

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Rudy Gay gone to Toronto. Bad trade IMO, one of if not their best player, they had already freed up their wage space. Bet the coach aint pleased

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Good bit of free advertising for Knicks with Balotelli wearing one of their caps in all the ACM photos!

Although most clueless d1ckheads probably think it is a Holland cap

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

• Twitter: @MartinArmo

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Lakers 4 games behind 8th placed Houston IF they can make the playoffs chance a first round upset?

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm

"Shot Of The Century"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBGIoxvEakw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Great shot. Nuggets are playing great basketball at the moment

Trade deadline coming up, looks like Josh Smith will be on the move as well as a few more

Really loving Sky having NBA now, two class games tonight with Knicks facing LAC and then Heat/Lakers

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 am

I just signed up for half price SkySports & SkyMovies for 3months on virginmedia (for existing customers) so will watch any NBA that's on

Just in time for All Star weekend this weekend B)

Includes all SkySports but tbh I would trade 3,4 + F1 for ESPN, which it doesn't include :(

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 am

The sky coverage is pretty good, not as many adverts as ESPN with some studio talk during time outs

James is on an absolute rampage at moment, dropping 30 points plus every game. The Heat are flying, absolutely destroyed OKC last night as did the Clippers against the Lakers

Really hope the Lakers miss out on play offs, hate Bryant and Howard with their pure arrogance

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 am

Haven't seen anywhere near as much of it is I would have liked this season, will definitely be more into it once the play-offs start

I loved Howard at Magic, haven't seen hardly any Lakers highlights this year but looked at the tables the other day and their record is attrocious - honestly thought they were going to be one of the best teams this year at the start

Just checked listings there and All Star game is on Sky Sports 2 from 00.00 Sunday night, so will be TiVo-ing that and watch next week

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm

They have self imploded massively, they brought in D'Antoni when everyone wanted Jackson. Gasol is out for 6 weeks, Kobe and Howard have been digging at each other, its a complete mess. Kobe has had two of his worst performances of his career in the past two games, got 4 points against Phoenix and although for a double double last night gave away loads of turnovers. Think his rating was -35

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Always Drama in LA on paper shud be one top teams in the conference but just hasn't work consistently enough. Had their fair share of injures that has hurt team chemistry but even still shud be doing a lot better.

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 am

Great moment in All Star game, Chris Paul smiling and laughing just puts the dribble straight between Bosh's legs and gets the bucket, next possesion its given straight to Tony Parker who then embarresses Bosh again while laughing along with the bench so Bosh just fouls him. Fool me once...

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Love This
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q68uGpXafAM[/youtube]

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Class the Slam Dunk Contest

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba_lXpFgQKg[/youtube]

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm

haha class assist

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ17jb_qmzE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostWed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtteIregjU[/youtube]

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostThu Feb 28, 2013 9:14 am

Dear me.

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Monster game by Joakim Noah last night 23pts, 21rebs, 11blks, & 3stls on 8/12 FG in bulls win

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 am

This is class, high school kid score buzzer beater with 0.1 on clock, place goes nuts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWwfbOZPCM[/youtube]

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8h_LiEzIA&list=WLF8eDnjVh-Pcn-BxJ3ozav1NQnw9DUbHM[/youtube]
Kobe playin some of his best ball of his long career and Lakers back to .500

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

"back (up) to .500" - in all the seasons I have been watching NBA/can remember, that stat would have read "drop to a season low of .500" !

Beefy

Jeremie Aliadiere

• Twitter: awaywiththeboro

PostThu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 am

Check out crawford griffin alley oop against the bucks just now, i havent been watching basketball for long but there won't have been many better

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostThu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 am

just seen it. Ridiculous

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YyUXd3Lb0I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 4:24 pm

watched Lakers vs bulls last night was tough win shud of been alot simpler when up 18 at 1 point but always give teams a chance to get back in it. preseason expectation aside first time this season 2 games over .500 goin in the right direction at least

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostTue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 am

MartinArmo wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YyUXd3Lb0I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Absolute beast of a dunk. Love how he just walks away so calmy when everyones going mental around him

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 am

Posterised.

Beefy

Jeremie Aliadiere

• Twitter: awaywiththeboro

PostFri Mar 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Knicks at Clippers on Sunday should be decent. Really enjoying watching the clippers since i bought the league pass.

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Most exciting team this season

Knicks have gone missing on this west coast trip. None of the games have been close and they show they can rarely compete without Anthony, who might not be back for a while

Lakers are absolutely flying at the moment. Even though Kobe only played a quarter last night to still get the victory was a great result, hitting form at the right time

And a special mention for Ricky Rubio, who is on fire at the moment. Easily one of the most exciting players in the league

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostThu Mar 28, 2013 1:01 pm

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 2:58 pm

There's a programme on Sky Sports 3 just called NBA Basketball, it shows the live games from the weekend but completely stripped down - so you see the full 48mins but no time outs, stoppages etc - the show is on two hours and shows two full games

Just seen Knicks 125-120 Thunder, absolutely class game - Lakers v Clippers up next

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 pm

huge game form Kobe 47 Points. 8 Rebounds. 5 Assists. 4 Blocked Shots. 3 Steals. 1 Turnover. half game lead on Utah for 8th spot its going to the wire. west playoffs shud be interesting, hard see any one out east get 3 wins against Miami never mind 4.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Carmelo Anthony six straight games with 35+ points

MartinArmo

Ian Baird

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 am

looks like Kobe out for the season with atorn Achilles! huge loss

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 pm

if the injury is as bad as being made out, could miss a large chunk of next year too. Huge blow for the Lakers

Esky

Mikkel Beck

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 am

So the play offs are set. Who do we reckon

Heat vs Bucks - Miami in 4 - Whitewash
Knicks vs Celtics - Knicks in 6 - Knicks to edge it
Pacers vs Hawks - Pacers in 5
Nets vs Bulls - Bulls in 5

OKC vs Rockets - OKC in 5
Spurs vs Lakers - Lakers! in 6
Nuggets vs Warriors - Nuggets in 6 - Nuggets having home court advantage is huge for them
Clippers vs Grizzlies - Grizzlies in 7 - Too close to predict

Some great matches there. Knicks Celtics will be a very heated series, and you would think Celtics will try to use the horrific incident this week as an added incentive for their fans. I can see the Lakers causing a big shock, Tony Parkers been struggling with injuries lately and Ginobilli isnt going to be fully fit. LAL are finding a good formula with Gasol and Howard at the moment, can see them sneaking it. I cant wait!
Next

Return to Other Sports