It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:16 am

Johnny Football

The place to talk about Cricket, F1, NFL, NBA and any other sport you might have a thing for
  • Author

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

Johnny Football

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 9:50 am

Wow, I cannot wait for this guy to get to the NFL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9HvIlIi_I[/youtube]

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: Johnny Football

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 9:55 am

I don't watch a huge amount of football but I've never seen a QB do anything like that!

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Well he has declared, and there's a good chance he will be coming to London with both Jacksonville and Oakland having early picks. I know Atlanta do as well but I expect them to stick with Ryan

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 11:49 pm

No chance Houston takes him with the first pick? They need a QB, and with Manziel being a Texas A & M QB.

Plus new coach.

Matt Schaub is finished, and that Case keenum is no starter.

Able87

Juninho

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 am

Where's he going then Barney?

Everyone seemed to be buzzing about his pro-day, and a lot of beat writers have the Texans taking him ahead of Clowney. (I can't see that).

I'd love the Jaguars to get him. That team needs some spark, and wherever Johnny Manziel goes there's going to be sparks.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

• Twitter: ooooomikeooooo

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 11:48 am

He's not even guaranteed to go as the 1st QB in the draft, I think he will though. I'd like to see him go to the Browns. I think they have the making of a good team with some great young players in Gordon & Cameron. I don't think the Texans will be able to pass on Clowney with their 1st so they will try and grab a QB in the 2nd round. Their should still be some decent ones left because most teams aren't looking for a QB. It all depends what happens with St Louis though. I can see them trading down unless the Texans pass on Clowney.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 3:49 pm

I agree that the Texans would be grade A idiots to pass on Clowney. I would love to see him at Jax or Oakland however I can see him ending up at Cleveland or Minnesota.

However this is the draft and someone could come out of left field for him, apparently he's already been to the Patriots.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Rams may trade down but with Watkins on the table I can see him going number 2. Then its who wants to use their picks and who wants to trade.

I think there will be a surprise team trading into the top 5 to land their target.

As for the best name in the draft - try Mr Ha Ha Clinton Dix :D

Able87

Juninho

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 11:22 am

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, I can't work out wether it's the greatest name I've heard, or the worst.

His parents must have been pissed?

Jets picked up CJ2K, Decker and Vick. That's an upgrade, they'll be interesting as always to watch.

A team that needs some 'spark' needs to grab Johnny Football. Jags/Titans etc........

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostFri May 02, 2014 12:28 pm

My draft prediction : Cleveland to trade out of number 4, either Saints or Patriots will trade into this spot.

Able87

Juninho

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Who do Saints want that high?

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue May 06, 2014 11:03 am

My thought is potentially Watkins if he is still on the board. This strengthens their hand if things go sour with Graham or leaves them with a scary receiving corps if he signs.

The secondary is starting to be sorted so 2nd / 3rd round (unless they have to trade them) go for DL / LB.

I'm expecting Clowney to Texans, Mack to Rams (unless they trade the pick) and if Manziel goes to the Jags I think Cleveland at 4 are ripe for trading this pick

Able87

Juninho

PostFri May 09, 2014 4:54 am

So the browns traded up with their second pick to get him. Clowney as expected went 1. Bortles to jags at 3.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostFri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Cleveland played a blinder in the draft getting the 2 they wanted plus they stiffed the Bills in getting their 1st round pick next year too.

Most teams drafted OK, but I'm really not sure Bortles is good value at 3.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostFri May 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Cleveland did really well. I'm not sure why they traded back up with the Vikings, surely they weren't considering the CB they picked? Was hilarious watching it though, everyone was convinced they had jumped back above the Vikings to grab Manziel before they could and then neither of them took him. They've done especially well when you consider that they have taken Manziel with the Trent Richardson pick. He's definitely an improvement there. He wouldn't have even been a 1st round pick in this draft.

I agree on Bortles not being what the Jags need but I don't know much about him. I think they should have grabbed Watkins instead. They have nothing at WR but now they have a rookie QB with nobody to throw to.

Able87

Juninho

PostFri May 09, 2014 1:06 pm

The jags must be confident on Justin Blackmon coming back. He has everything to be a success, apart from he seems a grade a bellend.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostFri May 09, 2014 3:29 pm

From what I've read I'm not sure they are confident on him being back this season. What are the conditions of his suspension? I presume they will be after a WR in the next round at least. There are still some highly rated WRs left.

Nath

Mark Viduka

PostFri May 09, 2014 5:08 pm

I still know nothing about Hand Egg but are we doing the fantasy draft again this year?

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostSat May 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Looks like the Jags have ruled out Blackmon being involved at all this season and will probably never play for them again. They picked up 2 WRs last night though. Marquise Lee was very highly rated, projected as a 1st rounder so sounds like they picked up a bargain.

Packers took a WR as well which I was surprised at. Not sure they needed one but I think it was a case of someone they rated highly still being available rather than filling a need. They did lose James Jones to free agency this year but Jarret Boykin came through and looked good last year and they already have Nelson and Cobb. I think he'll be one for the future because I think they will only be able to afford to keep 1 of Cobb and Nelson next year.

Able87

Juninho

PostSun May 11, 2014 7:54 am

Congratulations to Michael Sam and the St. Louis rams.

Some things are bigger than sport, and everyone deserves their shot. Hope he has a long and successful career.

Able87

Juninho

PostSun May 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Superb. Go on lad.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon May 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Nath wrote:I still know nothing about Hand Egg but are we doing the fantasy draft again this year?

Yes we are :happy:

Able87

Juninho

PostMon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I think Goodell might have had a word with a few teams looking at Sam with the compensatory picks.

Their would have been a media shitstorm had he not been drafted. Whether he's good enough or not.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostWed May 14, 2014 11:56 am

That's the problem, the shitstorm would have been about his sexuality not his ability. He would have been picked up as an UDFA.

He had a good season but was distinctly plain at the Combine. The kicker drafted ahead of him out performed him in every single task. This is why he was almost not drafted, not because he is gay.

Then you have to look at his strengths in a system. Half of the teams can be ruled out of drafting him because he would not fit into their system.

Then for those who he would fit into the system its the depth they already have at his position which would rule out a number of teams especially if they have already drafted better rated players earlier. So the natural selection process put him at 249.

My worry is the Rams may feel pressured into including Sam in the 53 man roster regardless of his ability but because it looks good to have an openly gay player. If they do and he is not good enough it will be exposed in front of a national TV audience.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostWed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm

It will be a money spinner for them whether he plays or not so I think he will be included. He did have a poor combine but the combine isn't everything. He had good stats last year. He will only get a chance as a situational player anyway judging by what has been said.

It is interesting though. If he wasn't drafted there would have been a big fuss made about him not being drafted because he's gay, but it is just as bad to pick him because he is gay. I wonder where he would have gone if he hadn't announced it before the draft. If he would have been undrafted then someone has missed out.

I think America is much more homphobic than people are in England though. Just reading the NFL.com website has some terrible comments on every article he's mentioned in. While you would get a few over here most people would be sensible enough not to write something like that, even if they were thinking it.

Able87

Juninho

PostWed May 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Some parts of the US are insanley homophobic. I've some great friends in the south of America that would give you the shirt off their back, but they absolutely hate the idea of 'gay'.

Hopefully this starts to change perceptions.

Able87

Juninho

PostThu Sep 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Johnny hasn't managed to oust the amazing brian hoyer........................... :roll:

Blake Bortles & Derek Carr are the rookie QB's to watch this year it seems.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostThu Sep 04, 2014 5:28 pm

I fancy Teddy Bridgewater to come in and do well for the Vikings. They'll still finish bottom the NFC North though.

Manziel will get his game as well. They'll be clamouring for him if they have a bad start.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostFri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Manziel will see game time but it seems both Bridgewater and Bortles have impressed. In saying that the preseason games are purely for working out fringe players to see if they are good enough to make the team or not, the rookies get a chance to show their true credentials now.

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm

This year is the first time I really watched the preseason because I got the gamepass. There doesn't seem like a real opportunity for the fringe players to prove themselves. Both teams tend to start with their 1st string then the 2nd string come in and play against each other so the rookies and fringe players don't get much chance against the 1st teamers.

Able87

Juninho

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am

That went well.....

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Total waste of a career. Was more interested in partying than improving himself.

He apparently wants to come back, don't think a team would touch him with a bargepole now. Even the not as talented quarterbacks have a better work ethic and would be taken over him

Return to Other Sports