It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am

2016 NFL UK games announced tomorrow

The place to talk about Cricket, F1, NFL, NBA and any other sport you might have a thing for
  • Author

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

2016 NFL UK games announced tomorrow

PostTue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Rumours so far :

4 games, not 3

Jags @ Chargers at Twickenham

Wembley Games :

Packers or Giants @ Redskins
Vikings @ Jags
Dolphins @ Bengals

If correct I wonder how Bengals and Redskins fans will react to giving up a home game.

4th time the Dolphins will have been over - maybe they are the "London" team.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: 2016 NFL UK games announced tomorrow

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 8:48 am

Barney / anyone who has been before:

What's the best/easiest way to get tickets? I get the NFLUK emails, will they just send one out when they are going on general sale?

Any idea when that might be?

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 11:43 am

You'll possibly say that this is in some way 'different' but isn't playing regular season games abroad for marketing purposes something we have been fighting against in this country in relation to football?

ooooomikeooooo

Mikkel Beck

• Twitter: ooooomikeooooo

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm

They are sold through ticketmaster. It's always been easy to get tickets. Just put a reminder for the day that they go on sale.

One thing though, ticketmaster sell the worst seats 1st and they only sell online so no option to request specific seats. They do this so they can flog the best ones on their touting sites like stubhub for above face value. I booked 4 tickets last year and then someone else wanted to go so I phoned up to see if I could get an extra added on, took me at least an hour to get through, but they let me switch my seats. I got half way line tickets when the website was only giving me high up in the corners no matter how many times I tried. They are bastards and should be shut down.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Everything is through Ticketmaster. On sale Early / Mid January. there are also some a few weeks before if the teams return any tickets, keep an eye on email / social media as the date they go on sale will be announced.

It's like anything, be patient though I've never failed to get tickets.

Might be easier this year looking at the games ....

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Capy - the reason the NFL are looking abroad is they have in the main part exhausted their own market. The money is here and makes both the NFL and London Economy a bucket load.

I still don't think it's practical to have a team based permanently here but practicality isn't what the NFL is built on.

Return to Other Sports