It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Thankgod we were down...

The place to talk about Cricket, F1, NFL, NBA and any other sport you might have a thing for
  • Author

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

• Twitter: Jooky85

Thankgod we were down...

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 am

...when Vettle won the F1 :? I dread the think what state Able was in that night X(

StevieH

Ian Baird

• Twitter: MickHarmison

Re: Thankgod we were down...

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 pm

yeh i think he would have caused the board to crash anyways !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 am

Was it ever in doubt?

TeessideAndy

Ian Baird

• Twitter: TeessideAndy

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Able87 wrote:Was it ever in doubt?

So you've got over the RSI in your right wrist and found your way back have you :roll:

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

• Twitter: yodathecoder

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 pm

TeessideAndy wrote:
Able87 wrote:Was it ever in doubt?

So you've got over the RSI in your right wrist

Well that explains the Xbox sale.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I know you all talk crap about Seb, mainly because I go on about him being class and you all just want me to shut up. But deep down you all know you are witnessing one of the greatest ever in any form of sport. The start of a domination, and someone in decades time we will all look back on as a true pioneer in the sport.

You can all carry on talking rubbish about him, but I know you all love him really.

Paul1986

Mikkel Beck

• Twitter: thepaulsinclair

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 pm

I must admit that in the last year or so my opinion of his has changed, but he is still one of the luckiest sportsmen I have ever witnessed. However I will concede that he is definitely one of the 3 standout drivers of present, with Alonso and Lewis being the other 2. I think in a sport of fine margins, having the most complete team around you makes you the World Champion, and there is no denying the RBR are head and shoulders the most complete team.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 pm

I agree with you putting Fernando with Seb, but please don't bring Lewis into the conversation. If he wasn't British you wouldn't think any more of him than you do Felipe Massa.

Paul1986

Mikkel Beck

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Of course I would - If it hadn't been for mechanical failures, team errors, and other drivers taking him out, Lewis would have been World Champion. On raw pace alone he was the fastest driver out there

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Ohhh you were going so well till then. Thought finally there was a sane F1 fan on the forum. :)

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

• Twitter: Jooky85

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Able87 wrote:Ohhh you were going so well till then. Thought finally there was a sane F1 fan on the forum. :)

I note you don't include yourself in the sane category either.

Paul1986

Mikkel Beck

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

I don't need to argue with you - plenty of people who know far more about F1 than me and you agree with me

StevieH

Ian Baird

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 pm

vettels dominance of the sport is not good for it, people will get bored of watching the same old, it was boring when schumacher was dominating and i was happy when other people won a race !!

newey has even said winning championships is taking its toll on the team as he hasnt had enough time to design this years car as he had to keep making updates to keep vettel in the title hunt

alonso all season had the worse car out of mclaren/red bull/ ferrarri yet he finished 3 points behind vettel, that just proves alonso is the best driver on the grid and ferrari finished 2nd behing red bull, alonso was consistant all season and if he hadnt been hit at spa he would have won the championship, simple !

lewis got to big for his boots and was shit in latter stages on championships, mclarens form just dropped and cost them second place

i hope next year alonso wins cos he has been the better driver for years and brings so much knowledge to a team

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I wouldn't mind Alonso winning it next year. We need a rivalry of the top 2 in the sport. Tennis *had* Federer and Nadal (Till Nadal got fucked and Djoko stepped in) Football always has its Rivalries of the top teams, but at the Moment Seb and Red Bull are way ahead of the pack.

Fernando and Ferrari next year will be Seb's biggest threat, and considering that they weren't too far away this year with Fernando driving a pretty gash car in comparison to Seb, I can see it being a great fight between the two best.

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Able87 wrote:but at the Moment Seb and Red Bull are three points ahead of the pack.

FTFY

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 8:12 pm

2010 - Red Bull Renault - Champions
2011 - Red Bull Renault - Champions
2012 - Red Bull Renault - Champions

2010 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion
2011 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion
2012 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion

Way ahead of the pack.

StevieH

Ian Baird

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

yeh but read the article by newey on bbc sport they are struggling now !! to develop a competetive car for 2130 cos of all the upgrades needed for the rb8 to make it a winning car !! alright they are triple world champs in both which is a brilliant achievment but i honestly hope this year that somehow ferrari and mcclaren have a car that is able to fight at the front from the start and have a decent campaign

the only changes from last year in driver set up is at mcclaren where i think checo will have a brilliant debut season there

anyways only 70 days till the 2013 season :mrgreen:

YodaTheCoder

Scott McDonald

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 am

Able87 wrote:2010 - Red Bull Renault - Champions
2011 - Red Bull Renault - Champions
2012 - Red Bull Renault - Champions

2010 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion
2011 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion
2012 - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Renault - Champion

Way ahead of the pack.

Apart from 2011 when Vettel won by 120 odd points the other two championships were won by a handful of points. I'm not saying your boyfriend isn't a great driver, I'm saying RBR no longer have a car which is miles ahead of the opposition which thankfully made last season interesting again.

StevieH

Ian Baird

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 am

YodaTheCoder wrote:
Apart from 2011 when Vettel won by 120 odd points the other two championships were won by a handful of points. I'm not saying your boyfriend isn't a great driver, I'm saying RBR no longer have a car which is miles ahead of the opposition which thankfully made last season interesting again.

totally agree, hopefully this season its even more open and could we see 9 different winners in the first 9 races ??

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Well, didn't pan out as I had hoped really..........

Return to Other Sports