It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Live German shunting

Off Topic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Author

Capybara

Scott McDonald

Re: Live German shunting

PostFri Jun 07, 2013 11:40 am

I didn't see anything this morning, but a Railjet has just headed through the station and off in the direction of Munich.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 am

The diversions continue. There was one came through just after 8 (our time) this morning which was, presumably, the 7:27 off Munich. There was a 9:27 from Munich ' Umleitung über Passau' which will, presumably, pass around 10 our time though the precise time can't be predicted because of ordinary timetabled trains.

edit: 10:10 the regular service from Munich has just come through late, so the Railjet is probably just behind. Possibly.

edit: 10:15 and there it goes :happy:

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Is this what went wrong with Block17?

brocken disk

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 am

Does anyone have any idea what this is? The train in platform 6 I mean with the white locomotive. It was around a lot yesterday and it's there again this morning. Ta.

http://webcam.deg.net/?a=showcam&w=showarchivimage&o=pla&id=201308271211

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 am

No idea - and yes i did check ..

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am

Incidentally, there's an ICE in Platform 6 at the moment. That usually means that something interesting is happening. A quick look at the DB website shows that it is the 12:00 to Vienna which is highlighted as delayed by 90 minutes, as are all trains south at the moment due to a 'level crossing accident'.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

Capybara

Scott McDonald

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 am

This is good :happy:

map

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 9:31 pm

I know it's Nerdy but I find it quite interesting.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I've just noticed the Bayerwaldradio widget. There's a radio station doing its best to dispel stereotypes.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

And the webcam is about 30 seconds behind the map.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 11:02 am

A lot of people seem to genuinely like that sort of stuff over there.

And I'm not sure about the map. I tend to 'believe' the camera. I've seen trains apparently coming into the station on the map which are clearly not there. Then the map 'corrects' itself and the train is then shown as five minutes late or whatever. And I've seen trains leaving the station on the map when they are clearly still in the station according to the camera and waiting for a connecting incoming train.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Nov 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Schnee !!!!eins

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostWed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 am

:mrgreen: Literal 'lol' at the "eins".

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 am

There was what appeared to be one of these in the sidings this morning. I'm wondering if there's some stock changes going on.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostSun Dec 29, 2013 11:24 am

Looking at Zugradar the last couple of weeks, it seems like the Waldbahn trains are no longer being shown. Furthermore, Waldbahn trains are now numbered WBAxxxxx whereas before the timetable changed two weeks ago they were RBxxxxx. I've also noticed that at least one DB-operated 'bus is shown.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

I found this nice little film of traffic through the area during the floods last year. I can't believe it was so long ago. There's one of the diverted Railjets on about 55 secs as well as some other unusual traction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXGJ9K2R6qA

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri Aug 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I suppose it would have helped to have been dressed in a distinctive colour rather than mainly the same colour as the platform.

8 days ago

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Mittwoch, 10. September 2014 12:19 Kommentar schreiben
Hallo liebe Webcam Freunde,

eine kurze Info zum Ausfall der Live-Streams der letzten Tage:

Zur Bereitstellung der Live-Streams verwenden wir einen Hardware Transcoder, der die Live-Bilder der Webcams mit maximal verfuegbarer Rate einzeln abfraegt um daraus energieeffizient einen Video Datenstrom zu generieren.

Die betreffende Hardware ist leider letzte Woche ausgefallen und es hat etwas gedauert, diesen Fehler zu beheben.

An dieser Stelle moechte ich darauf hinweisen, dass DegNet diesen Service bislang kostenfrei zur Verfuegung stellt.

Die fuer diesen Dienst aufgebrachte Zeit und Hardware organisieren wir neben der Arbeit in unserer Freizeit!

Fuer euren Dank zur Bereitstellung der Webcams freuen wir uns jederzeit sehr ueber Eintraege in unserem Gaestebuch, sowie ueber Spenden; auch kleine, symbolische Betraege.

Herzlichen Dank,
-Florian

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Oct 28, 2014 10:18 am

I saw an Austrian RailJet go through this morning. A quick check shows that there is engineering work in the Salzburg area so it looks like they are being diverted through here. Worth looking out for.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 am

I almost don't want to spoil the solitary beauty of this page.

But I have.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Snow at last!

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri May 29, 2015 2:12 pm

In case anyone is wondering where the Waldbahn trains are, there's bauarbeiten (engineering works) until 7 June. It looks like there are trains in the morning and evening only.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 am

There's a Class 218 diesel hanging around today, which is quite rare in these parts.

Class 218

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 8:01 am

Would an ICE be held for an arriving Waldbahn?

Also, how do you cross the tracks to change trains? The bridge doesn't appear to have any steps to the platforms (although that might be the resolution of the camera).

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Funnily enough I was looking at this earlier in the week. A couple of incoming Waldbahn trains were a few minutes late and the ICEs left on time, in one case as the Waldbahn train was arriving on the adjacent platform. Although I've been on late-running trains in Germany and a guard has gone through the train to see if anyone was relying on the connection and then called through to hold the connection. Not every Waldbahn train has a guard though. But you would think that, given Waldbahn trains are only hourly (mostly), they are meant to connect. Certainly Waldbahn trains are held if an ICE is a bit (though not a lot) late.

And there's a subway. The footbridge isn't actually part of the station.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Ah. I wondered if a subway was the answer. Or "underpass", as I became forced to call them at the age of eleven.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 am

Lens could do with a clean.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Aug 17, 2015 5:16 pm

I was on the point of putting an emergency plea on the Gästebuch to ease your torment but it looks like the local PAULIEJ has popped round and given it a wipe with his chammy.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 am

Any idea what this is? It arrived at about 9:10 (our time) this morning and it is still there. I've selected the archive feature because it will move at some time. There's only one loco-hauled train a day through here (except on Sundays when there are two, and excluding the sleepers which don't stop) so it's very unusual to see one at this time. Zugradar is silent on the matter.

edit: dodgy link

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Is it reasonable to say "if you don't know, nobody does"? (at least in the context of this board...)

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostFri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Well you never know. And mainly replying now because I can.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Nov 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello. My name is quizeye and I am here for a gentler pace of life. I see there's a small locomotive, lights ablaze, in the siding.

Ooh and all the lights just came on!

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Nov 16, 2015 10:44 am

There's been one or two interesting goings on recently. Firstly, on two occasions I have seen a four-car double-deck emu pass through southbound without stopping. It was in what looked like the colours of a private company or regional operation. There was nothing on Zugradar. Second I have seen a number of 'Sonderfährte' on Zugradar indicated as IC trains. These start at Passau and have no other stops until the final destination. One last night was headed for Hannover Messe/Laatzen. I saw it go through last night but it was dark so couldn't make out what the stock was other than it looked like quite a short train. There's one today, IC 2940, heading from Passau, where it started at 09:00 and destined for Köln/Bonn Flughafen.

edit: there's another one, IC 2942, heading for Bitterfield having left Passau at 13:11 local time.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostThu Nov 19, 2015 12:49 pm

I finally caught sight of one today. It was a standard German IC formation with 8 coaches and it is heading for Saalfeld leaving Passau at 13:00. Then I had the 'durr' moment. These trains are carrying Flüchtlinge.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 7:56 am

We have snow!

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Jan 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Just a quickie to say that the snow is on the ground again and it looks like a proper fall this time - the first since the hiatus. It really makes for much better viewing after nightfall with snow on the ground.

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostThu Jan 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Capybara wrote:I have seen a four-car double-deck emu

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 pm

More like one of these:

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Ah. More attractive than the bird, tbh.

Are the Flüchtlingezügen still running?

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 am

I guess it would be Flüchtlingszüge if it's a word which, knowing the Germans, it probably is. I haven't seen one for ages. I was reading in the paper yesterday that the number of arrivals is much reduced from what it was a few months ago.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 6:36 pm

I haven't a clue what this is. It turned up at around 9am (local time) this morning, right in the middle of the 'action' and hung around until everything else had left. There was nothing on Zugradar or the DB timetable site. The coaches look foreign to me.

http://webcam.deg.net/?a=showcam&w=showarchivimage&o=pla&id=201601140915

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostSun Jan 17, 2016 10:28 am

The livery looks vaguely-sort-of-Pullman-or-Orient-Express-ish.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostSat Jan 30, 2016 11:09 am

I just saw the same train head through northwards non-stop. The archive feature caught it but you'll have to take my word for it that it's the same train. Nothing on Zugradar which seems to stick to DB trains only these days.

What is it?

quizeye

Kris Boyd

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Just for the undoubted influx of new members given the, erm, server problems elsewhere, you should note that this is the most important thread on B17 by some considerable distance. However, off topic posts (such as shunting that either takes place outside Germany or is not live) will be treated with the utmost severity. >:(

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 am

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 pm

I thought I'd cracked it. In the latest Today's Railways (Europe) there's a photograph of a train with those coaches and a locomotive of the same class (though different livery) forming a privately-run ski-train. But checking the timetable it doesn't really fit. It could be diverted that way sometimes making it later I suppose.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Mar 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostMon Mar 28, 2016 1:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Anything & Everything