It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:55 pm

New Lease Car

Off Topic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Author

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

New Lease Car

PostSun Mar 13, 2016 12:33 am

Fancied something a bit more solid and chunky, roll on May

tomr182

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: PSN & Twitch- TomPyke

Re: New Lease Car

PostSun Mar 13, 2016 10:12 am

wow!!

My cars just cost me £700 for scheduled major maintenance, and i suspect that in a year or two it'll start costing me more and more which i don't want. So I've been looking into this whole lease thing, seems a good way to go

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

Re: New Lease Car

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 1:02 am

Tom - it has good and bad like everything.

- Get a new car every 2 years (my way)

- You pay a Months + 1 premium ( 23+1 for me) so outlay is fairly high (£3100 for this one)

- Have to watch the chips etc or you get charged at end

- Maintenance is on you or you pay extra as a package but have to stick to the service intervals

- The mileage is a sticking point - I get 13k PA which works for me it's a fixed fee per mile after that

- If you get caught for speeding or car parking charges you can get stung for extra as they inform you - and it is a ludicrous charge of £40-50 for a letter to tell you (worse than banks and needs addressing). I had one and fought and won it as the Car Park dropped the charge because I was only turning my car around in their space 8)

Not all all the dealers are the same of course and you pick a 'deal' as you need one (need around 4 months for new cars, stock is cheaper and you can get good deals on last year stock perhaps not the very latest spec)

If I think of anything else I'll ping it up.

Return to Anything & Everything