It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Sports Village Footy question

Off Topic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Author

Capybara

Scott McDonald

Sports Village Footy question

PostThu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm not sticking this in the football forum as for some reason the other threads on the subject are in here. And I didn't want to ask this under one of the other threads in case it disrupts selection. Anyroad, do you lot go to the pub after playing? I ask because two of the pubs I go in down here are close to football facilities and are regularly (that is, every night in one of the pubs) invaded by post-game players. And they come in still wearing their kits, often exposing their injuries for the admiration of all, having clearly not had a wash. The filthy fuckers :))

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

Re: Sports Village Footy question

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 9:15 am

We all just get in our cars and go home.

Back in the day, when it was at Southlands and it was organised via the other place (before this place even existed) most of us would go to the Bar in Southlands for a swifty after the game. They closed the bar down years ago though, which nipped it in the bud and ever since we've just gone home. No pubs near either Southlands or the Sports Village.

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 am

Ah, right. Perhaps it's a London thing then. I was in a third pub the other night and, sure enough, in they came. It's everywhere (in London).

relfyoftheboro

Joseph-Desire Job

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm

I cant speak for everyone but if I could go for a bevvy afterwards, I would.

jamiew1534

Joseph-Desire Job

• Twitter: JamieWanley94

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

relfyoftheboro wrote:I cant speak for everyone but if I could go for a bevvy afterwards, I would.

Second that, don’t know why we don’t.

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 am

jamiew1534 wrote:
relfyoftheboro wrote:I cant speak for everyone but if I could go for a bevvy afterwards, I would.

Second that, don’t know why we don’t.

Probably only a handful of people on a Sunday/Tuesday I actually like. 8) :))

Capybara

Scott McDonald

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Well you could always come down to London for your games. Then there's no end of pubs for post-performance piss-up opportunities. Where you can shout at each other, gawp into your (and each other's) mobile 'phones, display your injuries and, as I saw last night, do your stretching exercises. Even if you don't like each other :happy:

Return to Anything & Everything