It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:42 am

The Return of the Usual TV Shows

Off Topic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Author

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: The Return of the Usual TV Shows

PostMon May 29, 2017 8:09 am

I watched Mulholland Drive for the first time recently, had no idea what was going on but enjoyed it. Blue Velvet was the same. Started watching Lost Highway last night and that's mad too. I absolutely love his use of music and getting the actors singing, In Dreams in Blue Velvet is unreal, as is the woman singing Crying in Spanish in MD

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Watched Season 3 of RAY DONOVAN in the last week, enjoyed it. His wife is just intolerable though, cannot stand her accent or the part that she is playing. The daughter isn't far behind either. But Ray, Mickey, Terry are all class, as was Lovejoy and Katie Holmes

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Twin Peaks

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am

Ive given up on Twin Peaks. Watched the first five episodes of S2 and just couldn't get away with it.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostThu Jun 15, 2017 10:34 am

Watched all ten episodes of WestWorld over a week or less, didn't fancy it at first and had to force myself to watch it but it was excellent. Visually stunning, good story, the setting is class (for anyone off the gaming section, it's like Red Dead Redemption)

Loved little things like the piano in a saloon playing modern songs like Back To Black etc

Anthony Hopkins is class in it, as are Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton who has had a beaut of a year with this and Line Of Duty

Well worth a watch

terminaljunkie

Bernie Slaven

• Twitter: #terminaljunkie

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 pm

American Gods

Ended with the sort of impact you wanted from a few episodes in. All of the character building and surreal, obfuscated and sinuous plot did little to disguise the fact that the meat on the bones (so to speak) is in the ride and not the ending itself.

Sometimes a little OTT, definitely baffling in places and tinged with dark humour throughout, it would be hard not to be impressed with the sumptuous visual style and the underpinning narrative. It's going to be a wilder jaunt next time out when season 2 makes an already commissioned appearance. I suspect it will be very worthy of your time.
Previous

Return to Anything & Everything