It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Fallout 4

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Fallout 4

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 am

i'm due back from the States in about 10 days or so and i'll be getting Fallout 4 when i get back

anyone on here actually got it?

good? bad?

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

Re: Fallout 4

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 6:48 am

Amazing Amazing amazing.

I found a ship stranded on some buildings and the crew was full of robots, programmed to talk piratey. The captain was a huge ass robot wearing a little Jolly Roger pirate hat.

That's like 0.0000015% of the game.

However, I found this one negative from a reviewer.

Originally Posted by Teemo
Loving the game, but biggest disappointment so far is all the women in the game have the same color panties and bras. I have a shack full of dead settler women and they all have the same white panties and bras on. If they do release a spinoff, I hope the devs change it up. Imagine disrobing a woman in the game and she could be wearing a purple thong or the next one could have pink panties. It would make hunting people down and dragging them to your hideout more fun.

r3wind

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

• Twitter: richystewart

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 9:05 am

It really is open world at its best, you can just wander about stumbling across interesting landmarks and side missions which are actually enjoyable to do (not like some other Bethesda games where it feels like a chore). I find myself wanting to know more about the lore behind the missions I'm actually doing.

I haven't had nearly enough time to play it but when I do get some spare time it's all I want to play. It had pulled me away from MGS which I really want to go back to but enjoying Fallout too much.

It's perfectly crafted game.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 9:06 am

Able87 wrote: Originally Posted by Teemo
Loving the game, but biggest disappointment so far is all the women in the game have the same color panties and bras. I have a shack full of dead settler women and they all have the same white panties and bras on. If they do release a spinoff, I hope the devs change it up. Imagine disrobing a woman in the game and she could be wearing a purple thong or the next one could have pink panties. It would make hunting people down and dragging them to your hideout more fun.

Pete said he wasn't getting the game until Christmas .....

CorruptBiggins

Mikkel Beck

• Twitter: DanStokoe

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 10:33 am

There is so much to do whether you go off exploring the whole world or just really delve deeply in small areas, like the one you start in. And all that crap that litters the world is actually worth collecting now thanks to the crafting system though quickly you'll learn that everything requires adhesive which is a bit harder to find than most things. Have experienced a few bugs, like one quest is telling me to talk to someone but the marker points to a dead guy. But stuff like that doesn't stop it being a fun and interesting world to explore and I just wish I wasn't overloaded with uni work so I could put more time into it right now.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 10:54 am

I LOVE the crafting system in this game. So well implemented, and being able to completely re-engineer weapons is fantastic.

I've not done too much of the main story, I'm just a wanderer and want to check everything I come across. I usually start up with the idea to do a quest mission, but 5 hours later realise I've not progressed the story at all! So so good.

You're spot on about adhesive!

r3wind

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

• Twitter: richystewart

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 11:01 am

I spend too much time trying to work out what I can throw away because of encumbrance.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 am

Move heavy shit to your companion/dog meat. They can carry loads.

Dog meat has 3 of my fat mans ATM. No idea how he carries them?

#gamelogic

DanBailey27

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: @DanBailey27

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Echo what Able says. Fantastic game. Challenging too.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Just a reminder as some of us wont be getting this until Santa empties his sack (5 weeks kiddie winks), if you are going into storyline or things like that to use the spoiler. Thanks

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Nah won't spoil anything so don't worry. 8)

Moforocksaw

Joseph-Desire Job

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 pm

I got it on the PC so i can use mods like this.

The mods are excellent theres one that allows you to craft ammo and one that shows exactly what you will say when choosing from the shit dialogue option thing.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Dec 04, 2015 10:04 am

fucking hell the workshop building side of it is a bit vague isn't it?

spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to make some fucking beds

resorted to the internet in the end!

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostFri Dec 04, 2015 10:28 am

The post pretty much sums up why I will never play this game.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostFri Dec 04, 2015 3:22 pm

?

Go down in the menu, find beds, and put them were you want...... it's hardly rocket science.

So far its my GOTY. Fucking love it.

Hardly touched the main story, just keep finding things I want to explore. Just so damn good.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Dec 04, 2015 11:48 pm

"making" the beds wasn;t really the issue....the fact that it never explained i was in "minecraft mode" and had to find somewhere suitable to put them whilst i was at a workbench and completely unaware that i could walk about whilst choosing stuff to build/scrap for parts is!

apart from that minor blip though - enjoying it so far :)

has to be said though that the animation/graphics/AI is pretty fucking shit

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostThu Dec 17, 2015 6:00 am

after a week at work i got home yesterday and installed the update

played it for a couple of hours yesterday without any issue

fired it up this morning and its fucked

if i have to start from scratch i won't be happy

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 am

Apparently 1.03 has improved console performance, and a proper Survival Mode is due with eating, sleeping etc. Will definitely be firing it up again once the new Survival mode is out.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostSat Feb 13, 2016 9:38 am

bored shitless with it......gonna trade it in when something decent comes out

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

tomr182

Fabrizio Ravanelli

• Twitter: PSN & Twitch- TomPyke

PostSat Feb 13, 2016 10:58 am

similar. I just haven't got going with it - my first fallout game

Tom

Ian Baird

PostSun Feb 14, 2016 8:21 am

I'm surprised Tun, I thought I remembered you liking Skyrim etc? What is it about this one?

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostSun Feb 14, 2016 8:27 am

i loved Skyrim mate.....i don't know about this one

maybe cos (for me) its just Fallout 3.....but with a base building mechanic slapped on it

or maybe cos i'm a bit older and don't devote as much time to gaming? i don't know - having too much fun with Halo5 maybe

Tom

Ian Baird

PostSun Feb 14, 2016 11:42 am

To be fair I kind of agree with you, can see why people that have played 3/New Vegas would go off this fairly quickly, especially if you don't buy into the settlement building stuff.

Didn't see the base building as slapped on personally, seems like something Fallout, and Bethesda RPGs in general, has been crying out for for years (believe it's based off mods for 3/NV). Having the opportunity to rebuild the world, even if it is just a bunch of shacks populated with blank slates, felt like I was having a genuine impact in a Bethesda RPG for the first time, as opposed to Skyrim where I was just wandering around occasionally replacing one NPC with another one. Does take a lot of time though, if I wasn't currently on winter hours I wouldn't have done nearly as much with it.

wilson

David Mills

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 am

Never played fallout is it a must??

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 am

Nah. I really liked it, and put a lot of time into it (particularly base building), but it's not a must.

It's awesome value for £10-15 though.

Return to It Won't Go Left