Mass Effect Andromeda

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Mass Effect Andromeda

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 6:26 pm

really looking forward to this one!

i won't be back in the UK until the end of the month but i will definitely be picking this up ASAP

it looks class

Tom

Ian Baird

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Yeah, finished Horizon in time so I'll be picking this up. Might be wank (auto cover is pap) but I'm feeling the pump.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Pump deflated, courtesy of Rock Paper Shotgun - here

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 am

All early reviews are saying the same thing:

Combat is improved,
Everything else, ranges from poor, to shit.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Eurogamer still seem well into it, although I am getting the impression the general consensus is... not good.

Going to have to wait for full reviews and the broader Access consensus, as my pump is all over the place. Like one of the flappy tube men outside car dealers. Will probably play it at some point though, if my sister picks it up. The multiplayer was always dead good.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm

well by the time i get home in a couple of weeks there'll be enough evidence for me to make my mind up

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 am

People have been playing via the EA Early Access stuff.

Very very negative. Lots of "this isnt a $60 game" "not polished" "destroyed the series"

Looks like one to avoid till they fix it.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Early reviews are looking fairly good, 7/10 sort of range from a few places (although some have savaged it).

No longer day one for me, but will pick it up down the line. Apparently the combat is tits so I imagine the multiplayer will be better.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm

ok so i got to the bit where the ship that you're gonna use for the rest of the game is revealed.....a massive moment in the game, a really important cut scene................and it fucking glitched right the way through it! the ship was masked by a black rectangular block of "nothing", the characters at one point walked through a fucking wall and their feet disappeared into the floor.....and then, when i presume i was meant to be looking at this grand spaceship in all its glory.....i was left staring at a fucking storage crate!

so, the game eventually plonks me onto the top deck of this new space ship and i think "great! time to go explore my new ship!", but look! there's ANOTHER glitch blocking the door out of this room! i literally can't get out of the room and progress the game!

unplug the console, try again.....same

uninstall the game, reinstall.....same

so now i've deleted my save game and started again!

not impressed

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Don't play it till they fix it.

It's a mess the whole way through, and people who have finished it said it needed another 6months-year to tidy it all up.

Proper shit way for the franchise to have headed.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Yeh

Fucking shocking really. Push, push, get it on the shelves and making money, we'll fix it later

Wankers

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 7:15 am

You were warned, mind. This is like people who voted Leave complaining that the shopping is getting expensive ;)

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 7:19 am

on another note.....i picked up Halo The Master Chief Collection for £13 off CDKeys yesterday

Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4

superb value

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 11:07 am

Seems to be a familiar concept now for a company to release an unfinished game and patch it to make it playable.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:Seems to be a familiar concept now for a company to release an unfinished game and patch it to make it playable.

Mm, between this and new features that are patched in its not really worth getting most games on release now. The only two I've bought on release this gen have been OW, which had an open beta, and Dinobots which shipped in a great state.

tunstall wrote:on another note.....i picked up Halo The Master Chief Collection for £13 off CDKeys yesterday

Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4

superb value

That's a good deal, I've heard the remastered H2 is very good. I went for Dishonoured 2 to satisfy the new game pangs, reckon a low and high chaos playthrough will tide me over until they fix enough of ME:A/the price drops.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 6:41 am

as much as i enjoyed the first Dishonoured, i chose to pass on the second one as i fucked up all the missions

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 6:42 am

Tom wrote:You were warned, mind. This is like people who voted Leave complaining that the shopping is getting expensive ;)

pah!

like i pay attention to what people think! hahaha.......

wish i had on this occasion!

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am

2 seems more forgiving than the first one, if it helps. You can non-lethal your way out of sword fights to keep chaos low and avoid fucking up.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 am

probably not gonna play much more of this.....

one of the worst games i've played, a total let down

it is MASSIVE though and if you can invest time and patience into it (which i can't be arsed with) then crafting new stuff and developing the characters will no doubt be rewarding

thing is i can't be arsed doing all the crafting and hunting round for parts.....and therefore my character isn't as strong as he could/should be.....i've already knocked the difficulty down to "easy" and now i can't get past the first BIG boss battle....and to be honest i can't be arsed with it

maybe i should just stay away from this type of game in the future

the fact that it has clearly been released 12 months before it should have been also spoiled it for me

Tom

Ian Baird

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 11:27 am

Did you get it on PS4 or XB1?

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Xbox

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 am

Balls, I'd have been inclined to buy it from you if you'd gone PS4. Never mind.

The pump has gone for this though, it's a £20 purchase for me. The updates look better, though. Still rubber mask-y, but less like haunted puppets.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 6:08 am

i am still persevering with it.....

Tom you should get yourself an Xbox and The Master Chief collection.....playing through the Halo3 campaign the other day was just not the same doing it solo

but at least i figured out how to take a scarab out......i just used to bez about on a ghost/hornet and let you deal with them things!

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 am

Maaan, Halo 3. Was at a mate's a few months ago and had a quick blast on the split screen co-op, still a good time. Must admit, I'm tempted by an XB1 when Scorpio comes out, less for the Scorpio and more for the inevitable price drop on the XB1S.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostWed May 10, 2017 5:28 am

been away from this for 2 weeks due to work

i have absolutely ZERO interest in going back to it

it'll probably get traded in when i pick up Prey in a month or so

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

10 hour free trial on PC, PS4 and XB1. Yeah, go on then,