The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

Able87

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PREY

PostMon May 08, 2017 7:43 am

Has anyone else picked this up?

I'm about 10 hours in, and so far it's my GOTY.

Simply stunning.

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

• Twitter: Jooky85

Re: PREY

PostMon May 08, 2017 7:57 am

I've got about 6hrs gameplay; but I've been doing lots of exploring so far so not that far on. Just about to get the suit upgrade for anti-gravity. Very good though!

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostMon May 08, 2017 8:08 am

Anti Gravity add-on is so fucking cool. It's the best use of Anti-gravity I've ever seen in a video game.

I've got a few of the alien powers now. It turns out I've got 'too many'. Certain things happen when you load up on them.

However, I shall not spoil it. 8)

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostMon May 08, 2017 8:30 am

Was going to post about this last week, Ive got the 1hr demo downloaded but not been on it yet

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

PostMon May 08, 2017 8:59 am

Able87 wrote:Anti Gravity add-on is so fucking cool. It's the best use of Anti-gravity I've ever seen in a video game.

I've got a few of the alien powers now. It turns out I've got 'too many'. Certain things happen when you load up on them.

However, I shall not spoil it. 8)

Yup heard about that! :zip:

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon May 08, 2017 12:09 pm

fuck me i thought this was PC only

why did i think that??

i'm heading offshore at the weekend for 2 to 3 weeks....i guess i'll pick this up when i get back

keep us updated as to how good it is please folks!

Tom

Ian Baird

PostMon May 08, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm picking it up down the line, I'm still working my way through high chaos Dishonoured 2 and they're fairly similar games (with regards to world interaction, exploration, etc), so don't want to get this and have fatigue before I even start.

The demo was very good though, definitely picking it up later this year.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostThu May 11, 2017 10:19 am

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostThu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

pc scrubs

Reviewed really well on PS4 according to metacritic.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostThu May 11, 2017 11:45 am

tempted to get it on the Xbox.....seems to have fewer technical issues than the PS4

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostThu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm

xbox scrub.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu May 11, 2017 4:36 pm

According to Digital Foundry the PC version is the tits, plays like it's been built for PC and scaled down for consoles as an afterthought, rather than the other way round like it usually is.

tunstall wrote:tempted to get it on the Xbox.....seems to have fewer technical issues than the PS4

Not often you get to play that card, is it? ;)

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostFri May 12, 2017 5:47 am

my PS4 has plenty of technical issues

the main one at the moment is that its not even plugged in!

Tom

Ian Baird

PostSat May 20, 2017 6:13 am

Apparently the PS4 patch has done wonders, so it'll be nice and playable by the time I get round to it.

I noticed it's already as low as £37 second hand on the high street, so I'm confident this will have dipped to the £20s before Christmas.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostSat May 20, 2017 9:44 am

Couldnt get into the demo. Music did my head in !!!!

I might give it another go.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostSat May 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Yeah, £30 in Game already. Bethesda's review copy strategy biting them, maybe?

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

PostMon May 22, 2017 7:45 am

Got back on this big time over the weekend. Still really good; I'd not had any real issues technically though. I'm only likely to do one play through of it I think; so I'm just at a skill tree crossroads as we speak.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostMon May 22, 2017 11:19 am

£27 at Grainger as its their "Game of the Week"

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostSun May 28, 2017 6:35 pm

I've struggled for so long to get into games, especially single player. Seems I had lost my motivation to play them. Even Dishonored 2 could only hold my attention for a few hours. I ad been interested in Prey for a while though and picked it up soon after release.....absolutely loving it so far. It gets better and better the further I get into it. It's rekindled my interest in games thats for sure.

It reminds me of Bioshock in a way despite being in completely different surroundings - it's like the same mood. A deserted place, but you still get a sense of how it was before.

The PC version is quality - I know ther has been patches since relase, but even before those I still didnt hit any bugs. I dont blame ign for giving it a low score due to them hitting a game breaking bug (they have since altered the review and score), but it was not a score fitting the actual game.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue May 30, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm the opposite at the moment. I'm struggling to find a new game. Prey was another one that didnt grip me and I have tried a few but all are slow burners.

So I'm left with trundling on with Destiny, GTA and the odd smattering of Minecraft.

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostWed May 31, 2017 9:48 am

Prey is a slow burner - I was enjoying exploring at first and it kept me playing, but I did wonder where it was going. About 9 hours in though it really started to open up. I'm not even bothering much about the main story - the optional missions are good and reveal more of what went on on Talos.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostWed May 31, 2017 11:37 am

Are the big bads up to much? The little shapeshifting ones seemed cool but I've heard the big ones are a bit naff,

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostWed May 31, 2017 12:15 pm

The Nightmare is pretty cool, I've only faced one twice. Killed it first time, but hid like a little girl until it was gone the second time.

I dont think the combat is the strongest part of the game, but I am starting to figure it out more. I have ran out of ammo at the moment so I definitely think it is not just a case of killing the baddies, but doing it efficiently....that in turn makes the combat more interesting to me. Part way through the game you pick up a scope that allows you to research enemies from afar - pointing out there strengths and weaknesses. I wish I had used this info earlier in the game.

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

PostWed May 31, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm struggling with the combat and enemies at the moment. N00b over here. The Nightmare and the more advanced big bads are frustrating; I think I'm under powered at the moment - need to invest in more skills and 'powers'.

The enemies are definitely not very varied though; and not very interesting. That's my biggest complaint.

Need to go back to it over the weekend; it's not drawing me in needing to play every night; but I do want to finish it.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostWed May 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Pete has pretty much made my mind up on not picking this up. I shall persevere with what I have until CoD comes out.

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostWed May 31, 2017 3:51 pm

One of the best single player games I've played this year / recent years.

Granted the enemies get slightly stale as you go on, but the story and location is second it none.

Finding all the side quests about random crew members is superb and does a great job of building this world.

Think I'm nearly finished, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable from start to end. Just hope it's got a good resolution.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Got to say, after initial scepticism, I am enjoying this a lot, especially as I've now come to terms with some of the enemies and mechanics of the world

Just had my first excursion outside which was fun and I like collecting all the shite and recycling it all, very satisfying

I came across something in the volunteers quarters, fuck knows what it was but it kicked my arse all over. Eventually I just legged it past it. Still don't know what it was.

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Quick tip on recycling - if you don't use the (shit) disruptor gun you can recycle the ammo (disruptor batteries). They give you loads of the Grey material, which I found to be the lowest in supply.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the difficulty has just taken a bit of a step up!

Boro85

Wilf Mannion

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 am

tunstall wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nightmare?

Able87

Micky Fenton

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Finished over weekend.

8.5-9 / 10

Fantastic game.

No spoilers at all here, just thoroughly enjoyable and a cracking single player game.

Probably about 25 hours for me, but will vary person to person on how much extra stuff you do.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 5:22 am

Boro85 wrote:
tunstall wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nightmare?

Not sure what they are, they just have?????? Above their heads.

Just found some goggles that identify the enemies now though, and a shit load more abilities that I'm never gonna be able to unlock

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 am

You will eventually - keep saving that recycled material unless you really need it. Neuromods do seem in short supply at the start of the game.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostThu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 am

well

i came across something called a "nightmare" this morning and a countdown timer appeared, so i just ran off and went to another part of the station and it seemed to disappear

dunno what all that was about

also, i got the keys to the escape pod in the arboretum and fucked off! haha, it bagged me a trophy, but basically told me i'd failed and restarted from my latest save

bailster

Jeremie Aliadiere

PostSat Jun 10, 2017 12:51 pm

I finished it - It took me 31 hours, but I did quite a lot of the optional missions. I thought it was a great game and it kept my attention right until the end. I want to play thorugh it again with the Typhon powers - my only reservation being that you dont unlock them until 8-9 hours into the game. I will wait for a New Game + mode which I suspect they might patch in at some point.

9/10

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

done

7/10

excellent setting, good story

back to Halo

Return to It Won't Go Left