Sky Force Anniversary (Free in October)

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Sky Force Anniversary (Free in October)

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am

I posted about this in the PS+ free games thread, it is an excellent game - anyone who used to enjoy 1942, R-Type stuff like that, or more recently ResoGun should definitely have a go

I've been hammering it for the last week or so (haven't been on anything else), my 6 year old and my 4 year old can even play it on his own.

Very simple but before long there is absolutely loads going on on the screen and you can't progress through the levels without completing challenges (like kill 100% enemies, stay untouched, rescue all humans)

Tom

Ian Baird

Re: Sky Force Anniversary (Free in October)

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Good shout, will get it downloaded. Been looking for a Resogun-y type thing since, well, Resogun.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm sure the "human rescued" soundclip is actually the same as Resogun but I can't find a link between the developers

Tom

Ian Baird

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Downloaded, great little time waster. Reminds me of an old arcade game I had on the 98 PC, will play the shit out of this.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 am

Yeah I noticed you on it, gets solid very quickly and you have to go back to earlier levels to complete the challenges, and the remaining ones are usually Destroy 100% of Enemies, and Stay Untouched, which are both nearly impossible after level 1!

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 8:08 am

Yeah, it's properly solid. I've unlocked Insane difficulty on level 1 which is just ridiculous. Level 5 on Hard, with the submarine EMP, is just awful.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 8:16 am

I'm on insane on l1 aswell. Level 5 I didn't like at all with no weapons , only been on it once

Tom

Ian Baird

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 9:23 am

I think I'm on level 7 now, with the big tank at the end. Will definitely need some lasers/shields for that, it's got so much firepower.

Return to It Won't Go Left