Nintendo Switch

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

Nintendo Switch

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 am

Thought I'd clump the few switch threads into one.

Possibly the best console in the last 15-20 years? Perhaps.

Zelda and Mario are fucking outrageous.

The build quality of the unit itself is fantastic. Makes some beautiful clicks when you connect the joycons. Just feels satisfying.

On both the TV and the handheld screen the games look stunning. 1080p on TV, to 720p on the smaller screen.

The winning part is the portability for sure. I'm sat playing it on the big TV, our lass starting to get bored watching me on Zelda wants the tele on. Over I go to pull up the console out of the base unit, instantaneously the game moves onto the small screen. No pausing, no stopping, just fluid.

So far, I'm majorly impressed.

Tom

Ian Baird

Re: Nintendo Switch

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am

I have no idea why people are interested in the Pro or X while this thing is around as an alt console. The same but shinier, vs genuine USP and quality exclusives is no contest for me.

Will be picking one up in the new year. Has the lack of storage affected you yet? It's my only concern with downloads etc.

Able87

Juninho

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 am

Can't say the storage has hindered me yet, although I've not downloaded any games from the store yet.

We've got Mario Rabbids kingdom battle coming too, then that's the 3 we will work our way through.

Able87

Juninho

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Rabbids has arrived. :happy:

8)

wilson

David Mills

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 9:55 pm

I had about 2hrs to mess about with it and i too was very impressed with the whole system.. roll on Xmas day when we go on it proper..

able, can you look to see if you can delete saved files on Mario. I'd like the kids to start from the begining, not where I left off.

Able87

Juninho

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 7:55 am

wilson wrote:I had about 2hrs to mess about with it and i too was very impressed with the whole system.. roll on Xmas day when we go on it proper..

able, can you look to see if you can delete saved files on Mario. I'd like the kids to start from the begining, not where I left off.

Make a separate account. When you go to start the game, it'll ask who it is that wants to play said game. I'm assuming that'll sort the saved games via profile.

Tom

Ian Baird

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 am

All the stuff I've been seeing on here has me itching to get one. The girlfriend wants to go splits as well.

Bayonetta 1, 2 and 3 have been announced too. Can't wait.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

Bayonetta 1 is the hardest game I have ever completed.

I am definitely getting a Switch at some point ... maybe my lad's 7th birthday in April will be a big enough excuse

Able87

Juninho

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Tom wrote:All the stuff I've been seeing on here has me itching to get one. The girlfriend wants to go splits as well.

Same situation here, and she loves it. Got her playing Zelda now after teaching her the controls.

Return to It Won't Go Left