Dirt 4

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Dirt 4

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm

did anyone get this?

picked it up the other day for PS4 and i've got to say i'm enjoying it - probably as much as i enjoyed Dirt 2 so many moons ago

at the very start of the game it asks you if you want to go Sim or Arcade, for those who enjoyed the challenge of Dirt Rally and for those (like me) who just want to have fun whilst not being very good....

some of the course designs are superb (not quite as good as 2) and the extra touches that are in the game are brilliant - startled wildlife running in front of you/taking flight from the side of the road, broken down competitors that you have to avoid, drones getting in the way, TV helicopters kicking up dust and obscuring your view, even down to deciding whether to take a spare tyre or not, which you can change out mid-rally or limp home with a flatty

also, the racing is brilliant as well - still to get to grips with the buggys and the powerful RWD cars though

it also has team management incorporated so you can hire staff and upgrade your entourage as you make money and build up your fleet of cars

haven't looked at the build your own course yet.....

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

Re: Dirt 4

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm

I got it early December on sale for £19.99, but then got COD WWII, Crash N Sane and a Switch, I think I got on to the second section of the career. Was excellent what I played though, will definitely get back on it at some point

Return to It Won't Go Left