MLB The Show

The (in)famous gaming forum and birthplace of FIFABowl
  • Author

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

MLB The Show

PostThu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am

Long shot, and I predict if lucky 1 reply.

Anyone into baseball? The new MLB The Show 18 game is out on ps4 in a couple of weeks. Thinking of picking it up. I've properly enjoyed NHL and NBA offerings this year, so fancied a look at this.

I understand the basics of baseball, but have no team/player references. Apart from those players that featured in a Simpsons episode one time.

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Re: MLB The Show

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 6:39 am

Think most of them will be retired now mate. It was yonks ago.

Not into baseball, or any Yankee sport, however if it makes a good game then why not?

NHL is meant to be brilliant to play, even for those who don't like it. I'm intrigued by it, it's maybe the sort of thing I'd pick up when it's dropped in price

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 2:22 pm

I like my sports games but this one is not for me ! Let me know what you think though.

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Pre-ordered.

NHL 18 & NBA 2k18 are ridiculously good games to play.

One of the lads at 7-side off here loves his baseball too and highly praised the game too.

Considering its a long season (180 games) the franchise mode games can be broke down into 'incident mode'. So you don't play a full game, x 180. It just drops you in at certain points when maybe all the bases are loaded and your 2 runs behind, with one batter left.

Looks stunning, and the road to the show mode looks superb.

Took a gamble when I tried the NHL games initially, and those have been some of the best sports games I've ever played.

Here's hoping for another!

Return to It Won't Go Left