It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Last film you watched and a rating

Off Topic chat that doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Re: Last film you watched and a rating

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 am

The Disaster Artist - 8/10

if it wasn't true, you wouldn't believe it

unbelievable story and very good performances from the two Franco brothers

i haven't seen the movie this is based on (The Room), not sure i could stomach something so shit.....

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

• Twitter: @LTS_3

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

THREE BILLBOARDS... - 7.0

Enjoyed this, some excellent performances and Woody Harrelson is one of my favourite actors ... may have made be shed a tear in this ... I think the issue with this was that the trailer was way off the mark, it portrayed it as some sort of slapstick comedy and it certainly isn't that. Worth a watch all the same

RAW - 8.0

French, subtitled film, very different. Going into this I think the less you know about it the better. Some very challenging scenes in it. Kermode awarded it his film of 2017.

======================================================================================================
Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Downsizing 5/10

Went in with high hopes after seeing the trailers.

Started out well, then turned shit. Way too long for what it needed to be too.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 pm

WIND RIVER - 7.5

Well worth a watch, great setting, includes literally one of the best :eek: WTF :eek: moments I can remember seeing, my jaw nearly hit my knees - don't ask anyone about it so as to not spoil the surprise

MOTHER - 3.0

I thought this was going to be something like Funny Games from what I had read. First half an hour or so I was quite into it, then it turned into a farce, then it turned into an hour more of just complete and utter nonsense which was so chaotic it made me feel uneasy. Had no f.cking clue what it was about at the end, I was literally p1ssed off that I had wasted two hours watching it (when I have a list of films as long as my arm that I want to watch). I was going to spend some time reading reviews to see what critics said about it but I don't think I want to waste any more time on it, can't remember a time a film left me so angry.

======================================================================================================
Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW
7.5 WIND RIVER
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS
3.0 MOTHER
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 pm

LTS_3 wrote:WIND RIVER - 7.5

Well worth a watch, great setting, includes literally one of the best :eek: WTF :eek: moments I can remember seeing, my jaw nearly hit my knees - don't ask anyone about it so as to not spoil the surprise

MOTHER - 3.0

I thought this was going to be something like Funny Games from what I had read. First half an hour or so I was quite into it, then it turned into a farce, then it turned into an hour more of just complete and utter nonsense which was so chaotic it made me feel uneasy. Had no f.cking clue what it was about at the end, I was literally p1ssed off that I had wasted two hours watching it (when I have a list of films as long as my arm that I want to watch). I was going to spend some time reading reviews to see what critics said about it but I don't think I want to waste any more time on it, can't remember a time a film left me so angry.

Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW
7.5 WIND RIVER
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS
3.0 MOTHER
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS

you can tell i've been home to long if i'm watching films before you!

haha

probably is time i went back to work like....

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Haha I hardly get chance to watch owt these days pal

tunstall

Alan Peacock

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 am

Thor Ragnarok - 8/10

FINALLY got a good stream on my Andy box - watched it last night

very funny - think this was deliberate to lighten Thor up a bit and come in line with the rest of the MCU

typical Marvel fare really, if you like it then you'll like this film, but it won't convert anyone

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am

COCO - 8.0

Disney Pixar's latest one based in Mexico on the day of the dead festival. My kids enjoyed it but I think quite a lot of the premise of it will have been above their heads, they liked all the skeletons and stuff anyway. Good story all the way through, a good twist near the end and an excellent case study of the festival/area and traditions.

As with some of the recent Pixar films, plays on the heartstrings at times and had me going right near the end

DADDY'S HOME 2 - 5.0

Love Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, and Mel Gibson and John Lithgow are good in it, but there's not more than a few chuckles in this tbh

Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW, COCO
7.5 WIND RIVER
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS
5.0 DADDY'S HOME 2
3.0 MOTHER
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS
Last edited by LTS_3 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

Joseph-Desire Job

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 11:55 am

Finally got round to watching Logan. Really liked it, Hugh Jackman and Stewart are great as old Logan/Xavier and Dafne Keen is a real find, I hope the MCU picks her up for X23 rather than doing standard Wolverine again. Only downside, for me, is that they're still pressing on with Fox X-Men as this would have been a perfect send off.

Able87

Juninho

• Twitter: Twitch - Able87

PostFri Feb 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Black Panther - 9/10

One of, if not the best Marvel films around.

Only reason I've took a point off is Martin Freeman's american FBI character. Mainly his accent. Very off-putting.

The young lass that plays Black Panthers sister, and who is also in Black Mirror episode - Black Museum, is superb.

Clever in that I actually began to side with the main bad guys view, and understood him, to a certain degree.

Cracking film. Highly recommend.

It's just cool as fuck.

Tom

Joseph-Desire Job

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 10:12 am

Also saw Black Panther, and I also liked it. Visually it's ace (some ropey CGI at the end aside), some good action, great world building for Wakanda, and a great cast. That it's doubling up as this whole cultural moment for black people is just the cherry, for me.

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am

THE SNOWMAN - 5.5
Liked the look of this when the trailer came out, then all the reviews I saw panned it. Its alright but not a great deal happens and its pretty slow, feels like a rip off of a load of other films

THE DEATH OF STALIN - 7.0
If you like The Thick Of It, Veep, In The Loop you will definitely like this. Shame Stalin dies so early in it as he is proper funny, and Jason Isaacs as a the head of the Russian army with a thick Yorkshire accent is class. Some very good comedic actors in it, Buscemi, dad from Arrested Development, Palin, Paul Whitehouse etc

JUSTICE LEAGUE - 6.0
Not a fan of super hero movies but kids wanted to watch this and it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. I don't buy Ben Affleck as Batman though, and the lad who played The Flash was annoying as F!

I, TONYA - 5.5
Shouldn't be anywhere near Oscar contention for me. The CGI on the professional ice skating scenes is absolutely woeful, looks like it cost about 20p - they've basically got a real figure skater to do the routine and then just cut and pasted Margot Robbie's head onto the body but it looks dreadful!

Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW, COCO
7.5 WIND RIVER
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS, THE DEATH OF STALIN
6.0 JUSTICE LEAGUE
5.5 THE SNOWMAN, I TONYA
5.0 DADDY'S HOME 2
3.0 MOTHER
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS

LTS_3

Micky Fenton

PostTue Apr 10, 2018 7:52 am

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN - 6.5
Wife forced me to watch it but didn't actually mind it in the end, a few catchy songs and Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron are class in it

PETER RABBIT - 6.5
Took the kids to see it over Easter, better than I thought it would be after reading reviews - kids enjoyed it and James Corden wasn't half as annoying as I though he might be. As a side note, anyone who takes offence at anything in this movie needs to get a grip!

THE RITUAL - 6.5
English horror with Raif Spall and a couple of other familiar faces, was pretty nervy for about the first 70 mins then got a bit daft toward the end, but not bad and worth a watch

JUMANJI - 7.0
Enjoyed this, popcorn movie, The Rock is class as always and Kevin Hart and Jack Black are good too

Previous 2018 scores:
8.0 RAW, COCO
7.5 WIND RIVER
7.0 THREE BILLBOARDS, THE DEATH OF STALIN, JUMANJI
6.5 THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, PETER RABBIT, THE RITUAL
6.0 JUSTICE LEAGUE
5.5 THE SNOWMAN, I TONYA
5.0 DADDY'S HOME 2
3.0 MOTHER
2.0 BAD MOM'S CHRISTMAS
Previous

Return to Anything & Everything