It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 3:58 am

Marking

New home of B17 Predicts. Previous home of the Fantasy Prediction League and board betting syndicate
  • Author

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

Marking

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Now I'm back from holiday I shall look over the next couple of weeks to get the marking sorted.

I'm hoping Monk does the same ....

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Re: Marking

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 am

I've just had a not-very-thorough but vain attempt to find the rules and, more specifically, the points-scoring criteria. If it's not a big deal, could it be posted as a sticky? Ta.

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 11:19 am

Ah, I've found it:

Rules:
1) All predictions must be in by KICK OFF on match day. As Admin, I can see who edits posts and when too, so no cheating after kick off else you'll get fuck all.
2) Your predictions don't need to match. For example, you can predict a WOLVES WIN as the result, but then a scoreline of WOLVES 0-2 BORO. Useful if you want to split your chances.
3) If you put down a player with an ambigious surname, I'll presume it's a Boro player, so make it easy by being clear who you mean. Own Goals don't count for the player that scored then. Feel free to put 'No Goalscorer', you'll get a point if its right.
4) The time of the first goal will be given 5minutes either side. So if you predict the first goal to be on 40minutes, you'll get the points for anywhere between 35 and 45minutes. If you think it'll end nil-nil, you have to say 'No Goals'.
5) Attendance will be given 250 either side of your prediction, as with the first goal.
6) Attendance and goal times will be taken from the MFC Official Website.
7) If I forget to put a thread up a week before the game, someone else feel free 8)

Scoring:
RESULT - 2pts for correct result
FULL TIME SCORE - 1pt for correct home team score, 1pt for correct away team score, 1pt bonus for both
HALF TIME SCORE - 2pts for correct score
FIRST GOAL SCORER - 1pt for correct scorer
TIME OF FIRST GOAL - 2pts for correct time
ATTENDANCE - 3pts for correct attendance

What constitutes a 'correct' attendance?

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Previously it was the date as specified on the Official Website, however as they have stopped putting the attendance on the website (or have hidden it), I have been using the attendance on the BBC Website. Points are awarded for being within 250 of this attendance.

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:Previously it was the date as specified on the Official Website, however as they have stopped putting the attendance on the website (or have hidden it).

I'd noticed this. It's a nuisance.
Barney Rubble wrote:Previously it was the date as specified on the Official Website, however as they have stopped putting the attendance on the website (or have hidden it), I have been using the attendance on the BBC Website. Points are awarded for being within 250 of this attendance.

Ta. And as a suggestion for next season, assuming there is a competition next season, how about a bonus point for the poster who's nearest?

And on the subject of next season, I wonder if, nearer the time, it's worth advertising this competition in another place. It might get a few more looking in.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I would hazard a guess that the competition won't take place next year. However it depends if they find an alternative location / technology to organise the Southlands football.

IF it does take place we may look to revise the scoring, advertising doesn't seem to get the numbers.

I've found about the other place that 'there's no place like home' and very few would / will decamp over here. It may be they organise one over there instead .....

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostTue Apr 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Just a thought. By the way, I still have one of the cards they scattered around pubs on matchday when this place was set up. That must be 10 years ago at least. Wonder if it's worth anything.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Maybe Boro85 wants to buy it ?!

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

PostTue May 08, 2018 12:47 pm

I shall be doing the final marking tonight (hopefully ...)

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostTue May 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Can I avoid being fifth out of four again ....?

Return to B17 Predicts 2017/18