Boro v Villa, play offs

Talk about the Boro, or infact anything else football related
  • Author

tunstall

Alan Peacock

Boro v Villa, play offs

PostTue May 08, 2018 6:22 am

when i started supporting Boro we had some what of a rivalry with Villa

either fighting with em for promotion or relegation for a couple of seasons, then there was the unforgettable 2 leg victory over them in the ZDS Northern Final

at one point it seemed like half Boro's team was ex-Villa

now we are about to lock horns again over 2 legs

in theory they should be beating us, there's no doubt they're a better team than us, but anything can happen in these type of games

and now we have the TP factor

Traore could make or break us, if he keeps his head - cos they're gonna be targeting him

UTB

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Re: Boro v Villa, play offs

PostTue May 08, 2018 9:05 am

Yes, the list of those who have played for both clubs over the past thirty years is probably longer than that for any other club. I'm happy to be playing them; they don't seem to have done much of late, but they were guaranteed a playoff spot several weeks ago, and with no real chance of automatic promotion so it could be they are just gearing up for the playoffs. We are the 'form' team and received wisdom says that counts for something - though proper analysis will probably show that's a myth as these things so often are. Anyway, I'm confident, which doesn't happen often, so a 0-2 defeat on Saturday then.

Barney Rubble

Alan Peacock

• Twitter: @andyrubble666

PostTue May 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Mr Bara you would also be happy that the last minute goal got us playing on a Saturday rather than a Friday !

Villa have a very good record at the Riverside. And they have had the luxury of resting key players. The only thing to avoid is a heavy defeat at home. A draw is no disaster and a slender lead Pulis can set us up to defend / counter.

I also have a hunch Derby will knock out Fulham.

Capybara

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

PostTue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:Mr Bara you would also be happy that the last minute goal got us playing on a Saturday rather than a Friday !
Well, I would have been if I was going. The 17:15 kick-off makes all the difference (as opposed to 17:30) in terms of getting away to somewhere else.

Return to Boro & Football Chat